Stephan M. Brown, Esq.
Stephan has helped numerous individuals and small businesses in several areas including tax planning and preparation, tax controversy, and offshore voluntary disclosures. Stephan received his B.S. in Accounting from San Diego State University, and his J.D. with an emphasis in Taxation from Chapman University’s Dale E. Fowler School of Law. He has been licensed to practice before the IRS as an Enrolled Agent since 2008, and was admitted to the State Bar of California. Stephan is a fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute, a designation that is regarded as evidence of significant expertise in the representation of taxpayers before the IRS. Stephan is dedicated to finding the best possible result for each client on an individualized basis.
He was born in Sacramento, and grew up nearby in Solano County. After high school, he attended San Diego State University, where he met his wife Eva. He then went to work for a tax accounting firm for several years in Portland, Oregon where he experienced several instances in which clients were apprehensive about dealing with the IRS,inspiring him to become a tax attorney. He moved back to California to pursue his law degree, where he was a published member of the Chapman Law Review, graduated cum laude, and gained invaluable experience working for a prominent Orange County tax attorney.
Stephan enjoys playing sports, playing the piano, watching movies, and going to Giants and Warriors games.
- Tireless advocate of client rights
- Practice Emphasis: Taxation — Asset Protection — Bankruptcy— Estate Planning — Business Law
Bars & Courts
- The State Bar of California
- All Courts of the State of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Tax Court
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting — San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
- Juris Doctorate with an emphasis in Taxation — Chapman University School of Law, Orange, CA
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Taxation Section
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Tax Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Bankruptcy Section
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- California Society of Enrolled Agents
- Sacramento Valley Chapter